Robert I. Boone was born August 1, 1837 in Nelson County, Kentucky the son of Christopher Boone and Ann "Nancy" Rhodes. Elizabeth Johnson, daughter of James Matthew Johnson and Charlotte Ballard was born about 1855 in Nelson County. I found this hand-written permission slip at Family Search -
"Jany the 30 - 1874
Mr. J. S. ElloitI consent that Robert Boon can obtain licens at your office for him self and my Daughter ElizabethJames M JohnsonRichard Watson"
Also at Family Search was this pretty Marriage Certificate. Robert and Elizabeth were married on February 3, 1874 at St. Ivo's Church in Nelson County by Nicholas Ryan. Witnesses were Richard and Anna Watson.
Robert died on February 10, 1900 just a few days past their 26th wedding anniversary. He was 63 years old. Elizabeth died January 17, 1933 at about 78 years of age. They are both buried in St. Dominics Cemetery, but Elizabeth's grave is unmarked.
Together they farmed and raised 9 children:
1. William Nicholas Boone - born March 28, 1875 and died in 1949 at age 74. He was married to Susan Alma Smith on January 24, 1911 in Marion County. They are buried in St. Joseph Cemetery in Bardstown, Kentucky.
2. Mary Frances Charlotte "Lottie" Boone - born February 26, 1878. She married William Alfred Bryant Mattingly on August 28, 1900. She died September 28, 1962 at 84 and is buried in St. Charles Cemetery, in St. Mary, Kentucky.
3. Annie Boone - born in 1879. She married Ira Willis Walsh on October 27, 1897 at St. Ivo's church. This certificate is at Family Search. I haven't been able to find them in census records.
4. Margaret "Maggie" Boone - born about 1882. She married Robert Harris September 28, 1902 in Washington County. Family Search has this copy of the marriage register. I haven't found any census records for them either, the name is just too common.
5. Henry Francis Boone - born September 12, 1885 and died July 10, 1967 at 82. He married first Mary Sophia Roberts on April 23, 1910. She is listed as his nearest relative on his WWI draft registration (which is on Ancestry) dated Sept. 12, 1918. Sophia died in 1944. Henry later married Josephine Elizabeth Mattingly and they are all buried in St. Augustine Church Cemetery, Lebanon.
6. Wilson Boone - born in 1888 and died January 19, 1915 when he was 26 years old. He lays to rest in St Dominics Cemetery, Springfield, Kentucky. His name inscribed on the same stone as his father.
7. James Robert Boone - born April 6, 1891. He married Mary Virginia Greene-Mackin, widow of Michael Makin who died in 1924. From Ancestry, on his WWI draft registration he was a single farmer in 1917 taking care of his mother and sister. He died December 26, 1974 at age 83 and is buried in St Dominics Cemetery.
8. Elizabeth "Lizzie" Boone - born 1893 and died September 6, 1959 at age 66 in Danville. She remained single throughout her life and spent many years living in the State Hospital for the Insane. She rests in St Dominics Cemetery.
9. Joseph William Boone - born August 30, 1896 in Marion County. He married Mary Angela Roberts. He died July 9, 1967 at 71 and is also buried in St Dominics Cemetery.
In this picture is Lottie Mattingly, Nick Boone, Joe Boone, Henry Boone and Robert Boone. The two boys in front are Billy and Ben Boone, who I believe are the youngest sons of Joe. If that is correct then the photo was taken about 1937.