Thursday, September 11, 2014

Friday's Faces from the Past - Myrtle & Deril

 

"Baby and me, taken not long after they came"
"This is Myrtle and Deril da.  A good picture of both"
"United Photo Service
Nationally Known
La Crosse, Wisconsin"

Who are Myrtle and Deril?  Did they live in Wisconsin or was the photo just sent there for processing?  Who were "they" that came?  Why did my Grandma have this picture?

In the 1940 census, I found...

Deril McIzor lived in Dunn, Wisconsin with her parents Marshall and Myrtle.  She is 8 years old, brother Palmer is 6, Bruce is 2 and Phyllis is 12 or maybe that should be 1 month.

Darrel Suckow, 3 years old, lived in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.  Her parents were Oscar and Myrtle Suckow, siblings were Marlyn, Shirley, Patricia, Gloria, Carrol and Charles.

Daryl Justinger and her parents Andrew and Myrtle lived in Washington, Wisconsin.  Daryl was 10, brothers Herbert 12 and Dudley 8.

There are other possibilities.  If you have this Myrtle and Deril in your family tree, let me know and I'll send you this photo.


4 comments:

  1. It never ceases to amaze me how many pairs of names appear together in the same town, same year, anything that would say "these are my people" yet they aren't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that are SOOO close to the right size, shape and color...

      Delete
  2. If only the photo had a date.... I read this post in feedly and the photo was nearly full-screen. I love it! I love Myrtle's dress, her apron, her socks, her shoes. And Deril's dress and little bow are adorable. When photos like these appear in family albums I always wonder if there's any possibility ever of discovering more about them. Someone loved that photo, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy! I'm glad the pic was good in Feedly. Always good to know things work well in different programs.

      Delete