Saturday, September 30, 2017

Christopher Boone's Will


Christopher Boone's Will found at Family Search

In the name of God the Lord AmenI Christopher Boon make this my last will and testament - I wish my daughter Margaret the wife of William Boon, and my daughter Susan each to have a hundred dollars set apart for them above an equal division of the rest. I then make an equal division of my estate with all of my children, except my son William's children who have got as mutch as I intend giving them.  June the 13th 1865
Christopher Boon
Witnesses
Henry Sutherland
Wm Sutherland

At a County Court held for Nelson County on the 13th day of May 1873, this paper writing purporting to be the Last Will and Testament of Christopher Boon, deceased was produced in open Court and duly proven by the oath of Henry Sutherland a subscribing witness thereunto who also proved the signature of William Sutherland the other subscribing witness to said writing who signed the same in the presence of and at the request of said Testator, and all being in the presence of each other & etc. whereupon said will was ordered to be recorded.


Att J D Elliott Clk
Nelson County Court

Christopher Boone
Born in 1792 in Prince George's County, Maryland, the son of Walter Boone & Mildred Edelen, Christopher Boone died maybe just before May 13, 1873 in Nelson County, Kentucky.  He farmed in Nelson county for over 40 years.

He was married to Ann Rhodes on October 2, 1824 in Nelson County.  He was survived by four daughters,  Mary Louise Wimsett, Mary Loucretia Fowler, Margaret Boone and Susannah Elizabeth Boone and two sons, Henry M., and Robert I.  He was preceded in death his eldest son, William Ignatius in 1864.

See also my previous post on my husband's "Boone Ancestors". 





My Husband's Relationship to:

Christopher Boone: Second Great Grandfather
    The lineage:
  1. My husband's Great Great Grandfather Christopher Boone
  2. My husband's Great Grandfather Robert I Boone
  3. My husband's Grandmother Mary Frances Charlotte Boone
  4. My husband's Father Joseph Hamilton Mattingly
  5. My husband

No comments:

Post a Comment