Friday, December 13, 2019

Friday's Faces from the Past - JJ Willy Photo of Four Children



Here I have another photo of children who don't fit in my tree anywhere that I know. Two girls, one boy, one infant of unknown gender were photographed by J J Willy. Children whose parents were probably friends of my Great Grandmother Sadie McGrath or her sister Alice Negley. These children likely lived in Eldorado or Stockham or maybe Harvard, Nebraska around the turn of the century. It would be interesting for me to learn the identity of these children and how they knew my family. I would also like to pass this photo on to their descendants. 


4 comments:

  1. I don't think the child on the left is a girl. Note that the hair is parted at the side like the older boy rather than at the middle like the girl. Small boys were often dressed in outfits with a fancy collar and tie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could very well be right. Thanks for pointing that out!

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed that someone familiar with the photograph stumbles upon your post. You may want to see if there's a Facebook group focused on genealogy for those towns you mentioned, and share this post to see if it catches the attention of any members. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do post in some Nebraska facebook groups, those towns are SO small there's nothing specific for them. Occasionally I promote the page I have now dedicated for these old photos of unknowns. Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete