Sunday, March 5, 1871 Josiah Foster Negley and Sarah Maria Matilda Lee were married in Bureau County, Illinois. That day also happened to be Sarah's twenty-second birthday, Josiah was 24. They were married "at Mr. Negley's" by Rev. M. V. B. White, Pastor of the Buda M. E. Church. Witnesses were Mr. George Lee & wife and Mr. C. Negley and Miss Mary Fisher. George Lee was the brother of Sarah. Mr. C. Negley, Josiah's brother Calvin, and Miss Mary Fisher were married to each other in September that same year.
Over the next few years...
- 1872 MAY 11 son George Oscar born
- Family moved to Decatur, Iowa
- 1874 FEB 19 son Newton Joseph born
- 1877 MAY 20 daughter Alice May born
- 1880 MAR 3 daughter Sadie Ellen born (my Great Grandma)
- 1884 OCT 9 son William Dean born
- Family moved to Clay County, Nebraska
- 1887 AUG 7 son Newton Joseph died
- 1887 SEP 12 son Josiah David Calvin "Cal" born in Eldorado, Nebraska