Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday's Faces from the Past - Cicero & Allie Bell's Anniversary



March 17th is the wedding anniversary of my Great Grandparents Cicero & Allie Bell. When they married in 1901 Cicero was 32 years old and Allie 29.  I don't know the date this photo was taken, but it's the earliest photo of them that I've seen.  I think their clothing seems to be typical of the first decade of the 1900's.  They both look like they're dressed for a special occasion.  Whatever the occasion it's a great photo and I'm grateful to Mary Ann for sending it to me and for allowing me to share this with Cicero & Allie's descendants.



2 comments:

  1. What a great photo to have, Laura. They look very serious, don't they? This setting, on a trolley car, reminds me of the movie, "Meet Me in St. Louis," which took place in 1903-1904. I wonder if they were standing on a real trolley car or if this was taken in a studio made to look like a trolley car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, When I first saw this photo, I was focused on Minnie Pearl her hat and his Tom Selleck mustache. But as I studied the picture, I noticed that the windows behind them "into" the caboose or trolley car were the same color as along each side of it. That makes me think this is a photographers prop and not a real car. It's fun though, to imagine where they were going or where they had been. I LOVE "Meet Me in St. Louis" for the set and costumes! Thanks for commenting Nancy.

      Delete