Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Cards


It’s sad to say, but greeting cards are becoming a thing of the past.  The last year or two I have done the Holiday Mail for Heroes, sending cards to men and women serving in the military.  This year my husband and I had a pretty good picture of us taken in Ireland (we don’t have our picture taken often), so I’m sending out a few photo cards.  For several years I created either cards or a letter to send.  

Some Christmas cards are so pretty, I hate to throw them away (OK, I'm a packrat anyway).  There are a lot of good craft projects that can be made from them, not that I get many done.  One year I took five cards that were alike and covered a painted paper-mache box with them.  Another project was this subway art style “sign” I made from the signatures on cards from family members no longer with us.  




“The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.”

No comments:

Post a Comment