Thursday, December 3, 2015

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Music





Music is a big part of our Christmas.  My husband sings with a community choral group that has a Christmas concert every year.  It usually starts off our Christmas season.  We do some caroling and may get the chance to take in another concert or musical event.  This year Mannheim Steamroller will be in town.

Some of my own favorite Christmas songs are the more contemporary stuff from the 70’s. Songs like Bob Seger’s version of "The Little Drummer Boy", Paul McCartney’s "Wonderful Christmas", and Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas".  For a good laugh I'll play Bob Rivers’ "The 12 Pains of Christmas".  More recently my favorite has been "Christmas Eve/Sarajevo" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.  It's time to check the boxes beside those titles in my iTunes.  


“The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.”

No comments:

Post a Comment