Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Christmas Trees

Growing up on a farm, our Christmas trees came from our pasture for several years.   They were usually cedar and probably put up about mid-December, I don't really remember.  In the mid 70’s my parents did get an artificial tree, probably for the same reasons I did.  

My husband and I had real trees until after our daughter was born.  Then we bought an artificial tree for two reasons:  1) the fear of fire and 2) the strong scent was too much for sinuses that were already too sensitive.  I usually put our tree up over Thanksgiving weekend because I have the time then. 

The first year I lived on my own, my Christmas “tree” was no more than a branch of a cedar tree my brother and his friend grabbed out of a ditch on their way to my place.  This photo is of my second tree, the first one was much smaller than this. 





“The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history twenty-four different ways during December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.”


No comments:

Post a Comment