Friday, August 25, 2017

Friday's Faces from the Past - Photographer Soderberg




Here's another unidentified photo from the Old Trunk in the Attic. This Cabinet card measures about 6" x 8" with about a 1" mat on each side. The photographer mark on the bottom is "Soderberg, Sutton, Nebr."  Pater Soderberg was a photographer in his 50's living in Sutton in 1910. His wife Anna and son Clyde were enumerated with him. By 1920, he and Anna moved to Pasadena, California. 

As for who the bridal couple is, I don't have any clues. They may have lived in Clay, Hamilton or York county Nebraska. If you recognize them, please leave a comment or send me an email.



2 comments:

  1. My first thought when I looked at the faces of the couple in this photograph is how much alike they looked. And then I wondered if it wasn't a wedding photo. Of course it is. Maybe in this case likes attracted. It's a beautiful photograph. I hope it somehow finds it was to descendants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean about them looking alike. I hadn't really noticed that. Thank you Nancy!

      Delete