Thursday, March 2, 2017

On This Day - Marriage Record of David Bell & Polly Adair




"Know all men by these presents that we David Bell & James Bell are held and firmly band into the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the sum of L38 current money for the payment of which to be made good we bind ourselves our heirs & jointly and severally sealed and dated this 2nd day of March 1812.
The condition of the above obligations is such that if there be no lawful cause to obstruct the intended marriage of David Bell and Polly Adair then the obligation to be void  Else to remain in force.
Signed sealed 
In office  
M Tailsek(?)
David Bell
James Bell"

David & Polly Bell had 4 children:
  • Barbara (1813-1887) married Green Lee Alley
  • John Silas (1814-1878) married Rutha Simpson
  • Elizabeth (1816-1863) never married
  • William Beaver (1818-after 1900) married Nancy McGowan
James Bell is believed to be an older brother of David.  The marriage would most likely have happened on March 2 or soon thereafter.  

The names of the children came from various transcribed deeds that someone sent me years ago.  Those deeds are probably on line now, I need to look.  David died in 1818 at about age 24, leaving four very young children and their mother.






My Relationship to:

David Bell: Fourth Great Grandfather
Polly Adair: Fourth Great Grandmother
    The lineage:
  1. My Fourth Great Grandparents David & Polly Bell
  2. My Third Great Grandfather John Silas Bell
  3. My Great Great Grandmother Martha Bell
  4. My Great Grandpa Cicero Bell
  5. My Grandpa
  6. My Mom
  7. Me

No comments:

Post a Comment