Friday, March 15, 2019

Friday's Faces from the Past - Not Alice's Style


Alice May Negley was my Great Grandmother Sadie's sister. Elmer Negley was her nephew, her brother George's son. Elmer served in WWII, spent some time in Mexio and brought his Aunt this apron. 

I'm not sure who Alice is writing to here, but her parents were deceased.  It could have possibly been my Grandma, but I think she would have said "your mother" instead of "Sadie". Virgil is Grandma's brother. She might have been writing to her brother Bill.  I think "here" might be North Platte, Nebraska.
Alice May Negley, July, 1946



"Yours Truly 'Allie May'
Taken by Elmer Negley July - 1946 - The apron I have on is one he brot me from Mexico. He is now in Yokohama, Japan, we had a letter from him week ago yesterday. He likes it over there, but, does get lonesome for home. 10,000 miles away is a long ways from home. You did not get out to visit us this summer, did you? I have been wanting to come & see you, but don't get any place. Virgil was here this evening, everybody is OK far as we know, we are here. Hope you are too. Wish you could come over, sure would enjoy a visit with you. Sadie was here week ago tonite said she had been to see you. With love Alice"








Back of photo

No comments:

Post a Comment